The Senior Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Developer is responsible for creating and supporting an environment where EDI enhances business processes between Consumers, Customers, Suppliers and the company. This position will support the Quality Application Development (QAD) and future non-QAD EDI environment.
- This role analyzes customer requirements and writes detailed specifications (and test plans) to enhance existing ERP applications and develops code per requirements and specifications.
- In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and managing the company’s EDI Trading Partner relationships as well as partnering with vendors and key business unit stakeholders across the organization. Performs all other duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Participating in gathering requirements: including leading, designing and providing guidance on recommendations.
- Work with Offshore EDI maintenance team as well as internal Watts Applications teams.
- Participate in Monthly Business EDI prioritization review and update.
- Set test strategy and lead end-to-end integration testing; participate in the delivery of development CHG requests.
- Take on ownership of EDI priorities and tasks assigned.
- Troubleshoot and lead the evaluation and design of the correction for complex incidents; and maintain a high-level of functional competency regarding the standard configuration of ERP EDI, by staying abreast of new trends, future enhancements and leveraging practices.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, troubleshooting EDI related integration issues, reprocessing failed transactions, and leveraging the capabilities of EDI in a high volume, high visibility environment.
- Manage application service and change requests in IT Service Now Call Ticket System.
- Develop technical specifications from functional requirements.
- Manage expectations with key stakeholders (Customers, Business owners and IT apps team) as to delivery and status of the deliverables
- Review, analyze, construct, and modify EDI maps including coding, testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Follow and enhance established design, development, source code management, and deployment processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology is required
- 5 -7 years of experience with Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) customer and vendor support
- Proven hands on experience with Applicability Statement 2 (AS2) setups, along with other communication protocols such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure FTP
- Experience communicating detailed technical and functional specifications
- Knowledge of warehouse and / or transportation and logistics related EDI messages.
- Experience with EDI documents 850 (Purchase Order), 855 (Order Acknowledgement), 856 (Advance Shipping Notification), and 810 (Invoice)
- Experience with EDI processing, including creating new and extending EDI docs
- Experience working with Sterling Commerce, preferred
- Experience with X12, EDIFACT, and other EDI standards
|Job Category||Software Development|