NETWORK AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Posted 4 years ago
- Responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of Iknowvate client’s internal/external network, including customer-facing environments. Provides expert technical assistance to IT team members with high-level system and networking requests. Responsible for designing, testing, implementing and supporting complex infrastructure aligned with the requirements of Iknowvate client’s business and clinical environment spread across multiple campuses and physical locations.
- Designs, builds, deploys, and maintains infrastructure management and automation solutions of varying size and complexity. Provides onsite and remote support to colleagues who have critical response time requirements for their healthcare technology systems. Works independently and as part of a team to answer service calls, urgently analyzes technical issues, addresses tier two escalations, works with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoots over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
- Supports and maintains existing WAN and LAN connectivity, including routers, switches, and wireless
- Participates in network architecture planning for network services
- Supports and maintains remote access solutions
- Develops and maintains monitoring metrics to ensure optimal network performance and ongoing improvement
- Maintains a thorough inventory of network related assets including depreciable and useful life; Recommends refresh and replacement requirements in support of annual operating and capital budgeting processes
- Performs wired and wireless network assessments and audits
- Participates in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: updates agent scripts, responds to alerts, monitors dashboard, and conducts periodic system review
- Works with Project Managers to identify new products and solutions, and researches solutions for existing systems
- Maintains good communication with colleagues and leadership as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Assists junior staff with projects, troubleshooting, design, architecture, etc. as needed.
- Participates in 24-7 on call rotation
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical and/or computer related field
- 4 years of experience in a network engineering/support position.
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switching (Capacity Planning & VLANs)
- Cisco Routing (OSPF, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPN)
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience
- Aruba ACMA/ACMP or equivalent experience
|Job Category||Software Development|