RESEARCH SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
Posted 4 years ago
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the secure design, configuration, operation, maintenance, and availability of hardware and software systems throughout the organization. Tasked with designing and implementing short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software. Must ensure that all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with organization goals. Will review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborates with other team members and staff to determine functional requirements for new systems. Develop high-level specifications with attention paid to system integration and workflows. Communicate all concepts and requirements to stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Documents system design, data models, and workflows. Develops and executes test plans to validate system performance.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and develop plans for investing in systems that will increase security, cost effectiveness, and flexibility. Negotiate and administer vendor/consultant contracts where necessary.
- Act as a knowledge resource and provide up-level support for other IT teams. Provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching for support staff and engineers. Provide advanced problem-solving skills, with required attention to detail, and exhibit an in-depth knowledge of industry-standard IT security concepts and technologies. Present exceptional customer service in the course of troubleshooting and other interactions with employees, physicians, and clinicians.
- Has successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or can demonstrate equivalent work experience in a similar environment.
- Extensive experience with developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, technology, and tools.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Project planning and management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with support of information security programs.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
|Job Category||Software Development|