Leverage industry best practices to review, assess, design, test, approve, implement and support new and existing technical solutions and systems. Provide expertise on either assigned technology domain or assigned assets (to include interrelationships with other systems, applications and technology). Work with the business and across technology to analyze business requirements then manage the design or redesign of systems. Advise on viability and feasibility of alternative approaches. Create, maintain and archive low level design documents and detailed engineering specifications based upon business and user requirements, to include high availability design diagrams, scalability design diagrams, capacity models, logical and physical network diagrams, storage layout diagrams and disaster recovery documentation. Write and/or revise operations documentation. Participate in system design walk through. Contribute to the development and implementation of complex processes and procedures, include system additions and/or enhancements to ensure compliance with specifications. Complete project deliverables using the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and a deliverables-based approach.
- Enable a thorough test of all system deliverables, interfaces and interdependencies by helping the quality assurance teams identify test cases and verify system logic. Participate in the preparation of test data, overall systems testing, integrated stress testing, performance analysis and tuning. Support migration into production and respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner. Provide implementation and production support as required.
- Improve the health of system assets. Evaluate production issues to determine corrective action(s) required. Troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for system failures and recommend fixes/improvements to prevent their recurrence. Proactively identify enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption. Create engineering remediation plans for existing systems with identified problems.
- Participate in the selection, implementation of technology, tools, methodologies, standards and best practices. Follow adopted methodologies and standards and ensure project adherence to standards and practices.
- Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in applicable technologies and methodologies. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4 years) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and operation of complex computing systems.
- 5+ years of experience, or demonstrable equivalence, developing web applications
- System Administration experience, to include hardware and network experience on Unix and/or Windows platforms.
- 2+ years of experience creating and modifying modern build processes using preprocessors, transpilers, and package managers (e.g. webpack, bower, yarn, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience integrating multiple aspects of design requirements, including platform support, scalability, services integrations, and framework suitability
- 1+ years of direct experience with application development, from ideation to delivery to support, using ECMA Script specification and modern frameworks outside of jQuery
|Job Category||Software Development|